View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 11:34 PM
Retired Member

Duc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
Hopefully RPhil will chime in on this or go to youtube and check out Gary Ferraro's videos on the ZF5hp24 trans including his video on valve body rebuilding. If it was my X and I was going to pull the valve body out I will just ship it to Gary's shop and have him rebuild the valve body. Too many check balls and orifice tubes that can be installed incorrectly
I'm hoping RPhil sees this post as well. I have seen some amazing contributions by him in other threads.

I've watched all of Gary Ferraro's videos on the ZF6HP26, he has some great tear down and valve body rebuild videos.

I'm in Canada, so shipping the VB to his shop might not be worth it, I may be better off just buying a reman from a ZF distributor directly.

Although based on my reading and the countless videos on the subject I have watched I am confident in my ability to rebuild the valve body myself. I also work at a motorcycle dealership (BMW, Ducati, Triumph) and have many sources of information if I get stuck. I also have people I can trust that I can get to rebuild it for me.

Sponsored Links