View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 11:34 AM

btrvalik is on a distinguished road
What are normal MAF, Fuel Trim, O2 Readings for 3.0i

What are normal reading from these sensors using a tool the Torque Pro? I'm trying to diagnose a P1092 code. A local Indy shop said I needed a new MAF and new primary oxygen sensors. They also said my MAF went bad because I'm running a K&N and they got BMW code for fuel trim errors. They also performed a smoke test and found no leaks.

From the report:

TECHNICIAN NOTES:Faults stored for bank 1 oxygen sensor trimming.
Multiplicative values are extremely
high.
Performed intake system smoke test and found no leaks.
Found K&N air filter to be installed on
vehicle.
Recommend replacement of air mass meter and both primary o2 sensors with a new
OE air filter at this time.

When I talked to Bavarian Auto they said MAF was unlikely and said I should replace the CCV / oil separator.

I have a 2005 with 109K miles - the rub is that the car runs perfectly just a stupid light.

Yesterday I replaced the primary O2, new plugs, cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner. As most know, the CCV rebuild is rather involved - not the most fun job for winter time - for now, I'm holding off or may need to get a shop to do it - I would like to replace it once spring hits since it is way overdue according to what I've read. A day or so before I got a light, I did hear a strange whistling sound on a cold day - another possible CCV clue. After the tune-up, the car seems even more smooth - but it's hard to tell - a bit like how the car seems faster after washing and waxing all day

The easy next step, would be to replace the MAF and hope for the best - but that approach rarely works. If I look at my MAF values reported in Torque, the graph makes sense to me - gradual smooth rise off idle, drops with gear change, then ramps, then drops if I let off the gas. The display lags by a second or two, but I assume that is due to the ODBII, Bluetooth, app, display.

I wish I had some baseline measures - I would appreciate if folks could post their readings for cars with no codes etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by btrvalik; 01-22-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Sponsored Links