View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 10:51 AM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by X53Jay4.8is View Post
RB Thanks for clarifying the rear mid range drivers. I'll be getting a set of the Peerless drivers for the rear to complete my upgrade.
Glad to add a little contribution to our team member experiment

I'm going to get a better ruler measurement tonight for you (those Peerless drivers are out of stock anyway for the next few days) - I want to double check and triple check the factory driver diameter in mm, as well as the opening on the factory speaker grille/housing -

These actually might be a bit easier fit if the round Peerless drivers are just a couple mm too large (and if you don't want to dremel a bit off the outer ring of the driver) - the only differences I notice are the "squared" ones I linked below are 7w RMS while the 2" round drivers are 20w RMS, same sensitivity and same max power rating? I don't believe the .25" extra depth on the round Peerless drivers should make a difference, but these "squared" drivers are a couple mm shallower so closer to factory dimensions

Peerless by Tymphany 830983 2" Full Range Woofer
2013 X5 35D (CEO's) - Born on 5/17/2013 -
68k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links