View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 11:39 PM

semcoinc is on a distinguished road
I made some progress today on my Eonon HU install.

I am going to go around the floorboard front of the rear driver side and up through a wire channel that already exists in the center of the carpet. I will have to make a carpet cut in an area under the console to make it come out and then through the console channel on driver side. It will be hard because the carpet is molded and very tough to lift up but I will prevail.

Tested the unit and all seems to be working well except for BT music from my phone. Made a call through the HU with the phone and it worked perfectly but no music streaming.

My sub RCA cable came up short so I'll need another 36" or a little less.

Used home wifi to download iGo and trial maps. 2GB no problem on the home wifi, but I have an apple extreme airport in the garage and good download speeds.

Steering wheel volume buttons work.

FM radio reception is fine.

Sound fidelity is fine and sub volume is a great feature with full equalizer control.

Video is excellent played from micro SD card (MP4 format on FAT32 card)

The radio antenna cabling could be done a little nicer but big thanks to Eonon for putting the Antenna and adapter into their Fakra harness. Also if Eonon is listening, they should really include a sub and rear camera wire all the way to the end would be a nice touch.

Ready for the moment of truth first boot test

I will upload pics and a video later of the initial boot up.

https://youtu.be/vAXaRDSNgos

Mike

Mike
Dallas, TX & Appleton, WI
2003 E53 4.4i Pearl Beige
2003 E46 330Xi Monaco Blue
2007 E90 335Xi Black Sapphire Metallic
2011 F25 X3 28i Black Sapphire Metallic

Last edited by semcoinc; 01-25-2017 at 01:07 AM.

Sponsored Links