View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 11:38 AM

glassjoe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshdub View Post
Are you guys using the included microphone? Mine sounds like absolute trash.
So I got some feedback from my kid about his GA6166X experience and he said everything is perfect. Having said that, when I make a call to him, his voice is broken and distorted big time so the one problem I see thus far is mic clarity.

So before I bought the Eonon I had the GROM kit installed and I routed the GROM external mic into the forward overhead console hidden behind a small slotted panel. It sounded great with the GROM setup during calls but with the Eonon it sounds like trash. So when I demoded the GROM and installed the Eonon, I left the GROM mic installed because it was a pain to route and figured being the plugs looked similar I could use it. I did notice a difference between the two external mic male plugs, though (GROM and Eonon mics). The number of "rings" on the male plug were different. I'm not sure if this is the culprit or not and have no idea what those rings do, but I did notice the difference.

So my assumption is that with the external mic plugged in it will turn off the built-in mic on the front of the Eonon, correct? I'm thinking about disconnecting the GROM external mic in use and just use the built-in mic to see if that is any better. It has to be better than what he has now...

Sponsored Links