View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 01:11 AM

OrangeFurious is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the details. I tweaked the passenger side today and it came together much nicer than the first attempt. I think the position of the running board is slightly off and that Ricky Bobby is right - the bolts are my culprit. I'm using the bolts from the standard rails right now and they're not quite right for this. I'll source a set of the OEM sized bolts and try to fit it all together one more time before I make a final call on keeping it or not.

Pic of my progress below. It's not perfect but much closer to acceptable than it was yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X53Jay4.8is
Orange Furious the more I look at the picture of the aftermarket running boards the more I think it does not belong on your X5. You have nice BMWs and the lack of fitment detail on this component just cannot grace the beautiful X5 you have. If it does not fit up like the O.E. gonna have to ditch it. If you were someone that had a cobbled together X5 and a host of other aftermarket add-ons then I would say not bad but your vehicle is pristine clean and unmolested (with regards to add-ons).
Thanks man, I appreciate the compliment. I try to take an OEM+ approach to my cars the fit/finish being up to par is a big part of that. Fit issues aside the quality on these parts is solid so I'm willing to put a little more effort into it first. But yeah, the fit bugs me and if I can't get that sorted they're out.

Sponsored Links