View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 04:40 PM

Stockx5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau View Post
Why didn't you go with this source instead?
I did look at your thread and went with this option because of the price.
The leak issues are caused by:

1. My failing to seat the flange correctly. ( did not need new gasket old one was fine)

2. the midpipe was sawzalled at the downpipe end to create a crack at the factory, this crack would never seal because it’s too long and there is not enough pipe going in to cover it.

3. the oem muffler pipe is slightly larger diameter than the Buzzken midpipe so no amount of tightening would have ever made the sleeve seal properly.

As far as the codes and check engine lights, they are caused because I unplugged the NOX sensors from the electric port. Just curious did you unplug yours or are they still dangling? And more curiosity..did you remove anything else? Like the urea tanks and the egr valve at the throttle?

Good that you never had any issues, all though I think others with other tunes like JR tuning have had a check engine light here and there and I think it’s not unheard of.

Going back to the Price topic, it’s hard to compare what each tuner does to their cocktail tune on the horsepower and torque side but BimmerOEM apparently changes “transmission torque management” And the tune I have from TRF tuning does not make any changes to transmission.

I wish there was more explanation as far as what they do to the transmission, I wonder if “transmission torque management” and “transmission adaptations” that Deftronix is working on are the same things?

Well the tune for the transmission isn’t available so we don’t know what that is going to cost.

At the same time you did not get a midpipe with your bundle and I did so I guess Im trying to compare apples to apples for the benefit of people trying to make up their minds.

Did you end up getting the stainless steel midpipe or do you still have the flex pipe? What was the cost? The muffler shop I went to said they could not make a bent pipe without having ripples in the bend which they said is no Bueno for the turbo.

Also your downpipe has kept the 2 ports for the DPF tubes(as well as a bracket leg to bolt into the car), the Buzzken downpipe does not have the tubes(or the extra bracket leg). No idea what they do. But I prefer not having them if they are not necessary just out of design clean-ness

I did get the muffler fixed for 100 bucks and that cured all the leak issues. So so far it’s $1,525 and Ill spend another 25 bucks when I send the ecu back to Bwareca.

Sponsored Links