View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 04:26 PM

cn90 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
Like I posted before, the tool is too small for the CV axle to fit through. The axle nut is M27 but what is the actual outside diameter of the threaded portion of the CV joint??? Bet you it's a little bigger than 29.8mm...
Seriously, you need to look up definition of nut/bolt thread diameter.
The E53 axle M27 nut means the very outer edge of axle's threaded portion is 27mm.

If the tool spec is correct (30-mm), then the E53 axle's threaded portion should go through.

The ultimate test: some forum members should test it and report back with photos.

BTW, there are different mfg's, so you need to measure your own tool to see the diameter of the hole and see why it didn't fit.

I have done 100's of axle CV joints, and I used hammer and drift too, I don't like that technique.

The idea of this thread is to share new tool ideas, not for people coming here and bash others.

Some people "fix cars" using simple tools b/c all they care is oil change and brake work, they don't own anything fancy simply b/c of the costs of special tools involved. This tool is a good example that a professional tool can be had for cheap.

Sponsored Links