Thread: Which X5?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 09:48 PM

StephenVA is on a distinguished road
It really comes down to what has been posted many time before, What is your objective for this vehicle?

In my book bigger is better with engines but mine sits under a cover waiting for a clean dry run up and down the roads. Others have daily driver in their mind so starting stopping and cost per mile are LARGE factors.

The best high-end European older car is one where the previous owner was a caretaker of the vehicle and saw his ownership as a long term investment. Spent what was necessary to keep all systems operational and the vehicle "clean as a pin". This type of owner has records and will openly share his/her experience of ownership, buy from this type and run from all the others. The short term owners who ran them hard and then moved on to the next shiny item have moved on years ago. Corner used car lots where last year they were selling pack animals are Bottom Feeders trying to get the final and last sale from 150K+ mile cars. RUN AWAY as they are mostly LIARS who just happen to be selling cars.

Bottom line: Buy the best car you can find as "Price driven" buyers often discover why it was so cheap after the sale. The first round of service needs often overwhelm new owners, go in with your eyes wide open and have a PPI done regardless of sellers' objections/statements.

At this point in time, DIY will be your only option for smiles per mile, value, return on investment, and happy wife/life/whatever....

2005 X5 4.8IS
The Blue ones are always FASTER....

Current Garage:
2005 X5 4.8is
2002 M5 TiSilver
2003 525iT
1998 528i
Former Garage Stable Highlights
2004 325XiT Sport
1973 De Tomaso Pantera, L Model
1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 4 sp Alpine White
1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 4 sp GoManGo Green
1971 Dart Sport, “Dart Light” package
1969 Road Runner 383
1968 Ply Barracuda 340S FB Sea-foam Green

Last edited by StephenVA; 05-08-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Sponsored Links