View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 06:28 PM

Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
If searching ebay for used BT modules that work...go back to post #8. I placed a direct link to the part database that will give you a list of old & new TCUs that will work and all were used during after the 10/04 date.

Again, if you click the link in post #8...you can compile a list of multiple BT module's 11 digit part numbers that can be used to shop with...and you'll also know those part numbers will fit/work for your model's application.

Regarding BMW ASSIST...the most crucial need for having it installed would be the built-in microphone in the headliner panel that facilitates Voice Commands & the ability to answer & make hands free calls.
Yeah, it's all pretty confusing. So many posts from as far back as 2006. I read the 993 model PropellorHead listed does not support voice commands so I am trying to find one that will firstly replace my faulty TCU and will allow bluetooth to work and utilize voice commands. The VO in my X5 does show telephone preparation so as long as the unit plugs in and powers up, we will see. I can use PA Soft to write VIN and I did save the program data from the existing TCU.

Sponsored Links