View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 09:00 PM

Terry Kennedy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FULANITO
THE DEALER SAYS THAT IF THE ENGINEER LOOKS AT IT TO RECODE THE MKIV, HE WILL VOID MY WARRANTY BECAUSE OF THE CAMERA ON THE ROUNDEL!!!!!
Which dealer? If it is BMW of Bayside (since your profile says you're in Queens, NY) contact me off the board and I'll give you a suggestion.

In any event:

1) You can be charged for re-coding the NAV (particularly because of something you did). If your car is in for some other reason, a nice dealer may do it for free. If you have a good relationship with your dealer's service people, they may do it for free.

2) There is a law, called the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act, which says that a warranty claim cannot be denied just because aftermarket parts are installed. The dealer would have to prove that the aftermarket parts were directly responsible for the problem. See http://www.google.com/search?q=magnu...mprovement+act for some relevant Google results. In any event, the re-coding is a service you would expect to be charged for (see #1), so warranty issues don't come into consideration.

Sponsored Links