View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 11:18 PM

cammo001 is on a distinguished road
very weird 2 axle self levelling suspension issues...

Hi guys.long time reader, first time poster

After having ongoing issues with the air suspension in my 04 E53 4.8is, I've narrowed my problem down to what I'm sure the issue is.

I'm in Australia and there's no support for these here

Are there any guys on here that knows Alot about the air suspension system for 2 axle suspension?? Im getting desperate.

I only just bought the car and this is a kick in the pants because I need to tow things with it.

I have a snap on Solus scan tool so can see everything that's going on with the controller.

I have noted that the rear left wheel has been rubbing on the guard and had previously rubbed through all the wires for the level sensor and the old owner had dodgy taped them up. I have removed the wiring and resoldered it all.

The issue lies in the voltage from the sensor read through the scan tool goes up and down correctly when you raise and lower the rear left side manually. But the height value in MM never reads below 0... If you raise it up the mm value increases as it should. All the other corners show a negative value if you lower it but the rear left never goes below 0....

So the controller is seeing the voltage that should be say - 30mm but it still says 0mm....

I have treid calibrating the suspension with my tool by going into suspension calibration, inputing 20" wheels, and measiring each corner height as it asks.. the pricess says complete but nothing happens ..

the front right always seems to get higher than the left side to by about 40 mm ... i think the rear left level sensor issue is behind it all .

the only codes i have are 73, accumulator pressure remains consistant , ( i have a air pump rebuild kit on order ) and i get a code for rear left height signal inplausable... not sure how or why though as im pretty sure its just an analogue voltage signal from the sensor ??

I hope someone can make sense of this and help me because Its doing my head in and I feel like I've wasted a bunch of cash . Cheers people.

Sponsored Links