View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 04:32 PM

Qsilver7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfee03 View Post
Also, with the Additional Water Pump- a different one is used on the 3.0d, and 4.4?

I've found a part (6904496) but Realoem.com isn't clear. It says "Superseded by" then lists other parts. Can someone confirm?
I'm confused...why are you even looking at that part? Your signature says you have an 03 X5 3.0...and if you look at the number you posted...and even clink the link (seen in the 1st screen shot below that says the part was "found on the following vehicles")...then proceeds to list all of the V8 engines (seen in the 2nd screen shot)...not one 3.0 engine is listed.

Which water pump do you have...#1 or #17? (See last diagram below)

Ditto WPOLL...you need to either enter the last 7 digits of your VIN when looking up parts...or select the appropriate model/engine/build date range that would apply to your 03 X5. When you do...then as seen in the 3rd & 4th screen shots below...everything should line up. When you get to the diagram and select which aux water pump you have...then all the BMW models that use the same part nbr should be listed when you click the appropriate links that give that info. It looks like some Euro 3.0s and the diesel does share a water valve with some V8s.

Also, to help explain the part database...the part number search feature is saying that part # 64 11 6 904 496 was used for a specific production period...and the other successive part nbrs listed (along with the production dates they were used...are "retrospectively exchangeable"...meaning that they can be used, too...if you're looking for the part and run across them:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
  • 2015 f06 650ix GC (Moonstone exterior/Cohiba brown Merino Leather interior)
  • 2014 f15 X5 50i (Space Gray exterior/Mocha Nappa Leather interior)

Last edited by Qsilver7; 08-27-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Sponsored Links