View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 06:49 PM

Crowz will become famous soon enough
Well it seems today has been "one of those days".

I finished up the basic install part and couldn't find center post and cap for the spare tire. I looked everywhere.

Of course I had put EVERYTHING back together when I realized I couldn't find it. So I had to take the spare tire, brace and cover off from around the battery in case it fell down in there.

Nope.

So after looking around I decided to put everything back together and look for it later.

I get everything put back together again except the spare tire bolt and tested the system and it played but the steering wheel controls wouldn't work. I had pulled the factory nav computer and the cd changer out too during this so I reinstalled both of them and still no steering wheel controls. Crap.

So I pulled the spare tire out AGAIN along with the brace and the cover and sure enough the can bus adapter had fallen off the cable during the install. So after plugging it back in I taped the crap out of it so it cant come off again and put everything back in. This time I put the deck lid back in place and the rubber mat I have for the cargo area. So now I'm moving my electric cooler back into the cargo area and my tools and my socket set. When I reach for the last thing "the large tool bag" guess what is under the tool bag laying on the seat of the car.....

THE SPARE TIRE HOLD DOWN..... Grrrrr.....

So now I had to take everything back out again. I guess it was on the tool bag and it fell off onto the seat and got covered which was probably when I pulled the cables thru the middle for testing.

Anyways its all back together. I think burned out an led tailgate light as it was blinking after being on so long. The fun never ends.
2000 323i
2001 X5 3.0 auto
2005 X5 3.0 auto
2011 535xi auto
2013 X5 xdrive35 Turbo
More are at my website

Aftermarket E53 Radio Install

Sponsored Links