View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 12:13 PM

Qsilver7 is on a distinguished road
....is the issue the "rattling" sound...or is it the way the door closes when the window is down?

In regards to the "rattling" sound...I'm with crystalworks in that I try to avoid having the windows down when closing the door...and if they are down, I close extra gently...as not to damage the regulators.

In regards to the way the doors feel when the window is down vs up...that is due to the difference in air pressure within the cabin. When the windows are up...the doors appear to be more solid due to air pressure within the cabin. The only escape with the windows rolled up is through the vents designed in the rear of the vehicle which allows built up air pressure to escape to the exterior.

I believe the slits along the top of the trim below the rear cargo glass is how air within the cabin begins its journey to the outside. Behind the interior trim are vents with flaps that get pushed open when the air pressure gets high enough.

The pics below are the location of one of these vents mentioned above in my e38's & e39's battery compartment...the e53 should have these vents behind the interior trim, too:

{screwdriver is sticking through my e38's air vent that allows excess air pressure within the cabin to escape to the exterior of the vehicle}

{pic below is my e39's battery compartment & you can see its air vent to the exterior that reduces air pressure within the cabin}

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
  • 2015 f06 650ix GC (Moonstone exterior/Cohiba brown Merino Leather interior)
  • 2014 f15 X5 50i (Space Gray exterior/Mocha Nappa Leather interior)

Last edited by Qsilver7; 10-12-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Sponsored Links