View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 06:21 PM

RFaber is on a distinguished road
I have had this happen a few times, (i too have access to heavy machinery and show considerable restraint in NOT using it! lol)
I have found that if i remove the lug bolts, jack up the wheel i want to remove, brace and block the truck with jackstands / stacks of lumber / logs etc. then with the wheel approx .5-1 inch off the ground, i lay a 4x4 post (8 ft long) against the back side of the wheel, making contact with the tire. Then Ill walk over to the other side of the truck and with my 16lb sledge hammer, beat the end of the post, like it owes me money! a few good whacks , rotate the tire 90 degrees, then do it again. rarely does it take more than a few good whacks. once you get it off, you'd be smart to dust/sand off the corrosion on the hub face, and the wheel and when you reinstall the wheel, use a bit of anti seize on the hub flange. good luck!
2003 X5 3.0i (02/2003) sport package, Sapphire black metallic / Black Dakota Sport seats. compass mirror retrofit, trailer hitch retrofit, Prodigy P2 trailer brake controller installed, PDC retrofit, Lumbar support retrofit. heated rear seats retrofitted. Running boards retrofitted and subwoofer install in progress. 4.8is Brakes installed front and back. Bluetooth TCU installed, Rear Fog lights installed. Retrofitted reclining rear seat backs.

Sponsored Links