View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 04:43 PM
//Binary is in my DNA

Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwynn View Post
Verify the actual temperature with hidden menu item 7 I believe. Temp should rise quickly to 90C and stay there. By the time the "gauge" (more of an indicator light with a needle) shows less than noon you've probably been running below operational temp for months.

If temp verified below 85-90 get a new OEM t stat and change it out it's not a difficult job just plan to remove the fan/shroud. Learn the 1-1/4 " wrench and hammer method. It's so easy I remove the fan for most front of engine repair. I replaced mine two winters ago when I couldn't get cabin heat. The needle still went to noon erroneously reporting normal temp for months when I finally noticed as ambient temperature got close to freezing the needle wouldn't get to top center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I ran a couple of errands this afternoon and the temp never dropped where it was this morning on the highway but with the needle straight up noon, Torque Pro reporting 87 to 88C. I will have to wait until tomorrow morning to run it to check the readings where the needle has been running on the highway.

Sponsored Links