View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 02:00 AM

more_fasterer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwynn View Post
Did you go through a phase where the AC would work for 5 or 10 minutes and then stopped working ? When the AC gets low on refrigerant it will usually get too good at getting cold and the evaporator will freeze into a solid block of ice. When there's a slow leak this is typical symptom that happens. There is a chart that says what the low side should be depending on ambient temperature I have a feeling that you just did not add quite enough freon. The high low numbers ratio looks healthy. We used to have to drive to Illinois to get R134a but now we can get it in Wisconsin.

Is the difference of how high versus how low that determines how cold the evaporator gets. When there is not quite enough refrigerant it's easier for the compressor to make a larger difference and it will freeze up the evaporator AC irony
Nope. The car isn't displaying any of the tell-tale symptoms of the evaporator icing up, i.e. there's no drop off in airflow into the cabin at any point, and (based on past experience) I would also expect to see the vents start to spit out fog just before it froze up - which doesn't happen either.

Sponsored Links