View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 05:00 PM

clinkinfo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 740iS View Post
Since you "struggled to find any good information specifically about the starter on the E70 4.8" you simply decided to ignore the post (#18) where I gave you a direct link to the TIS that states it's location and steps you through the R&R of the starter, specifically on a 4.8i E70. So glad I tried to help you.

BTW those are E-Torx, not Torx bolts that retain the starter.

Since you didn't state specifically in your final post, I am hoping the foolish recommendation I made that your starter appeared to be the problem (post #12) we are left to guess if it worked.

Nice write up on how you performed the R&R but would like to know if this was the ultimate solution.

No, I actually located it before you posted it, but thanks anyway. Not sure what all the attitude is about. I was 80% confident where it was located without the parts diagram based on the other 8 cyl locations, but I just went out and started disassembling in that area to find it. It was obvious with the bottom plates removed.

That’s great, good clarification. You’re right, they are E-Torx, lest anyone try and use something else on them (good luck).

Sorry it wasn’t clear, I said the starter was broken in a followup post. Yes, after putting the new starter in the car started right up. It was definitely the problem. If you have similar symptoms and codes...there’s a good chance you have the same.

Sponsored Links