View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 02:05 PM
Premier Member

740iS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clinkinfo View Post
My “writing” that no one helped? I have no clue what the hell you are talking about. Where exactly do I write “no one helped me”? All I did was tell you how to change the starter in a E70 4.8, something that doesn’t seem to be shown anywhere I looked.

I see you posted a parts diagram, I didn’t see it until AFTER i had found it on the car anyway. Thanks for the attempted help...Should I come and patt everyone on the back who posted a response after a problem is solved....even if I didn’t even see it? Seems silly to me, but ok. So, thanks.

But the real problem is, i was pretty sure it was located there anyway. The parts diagram doesn’t explain how to get it out. How to remove it and put in a new one is what I could not find discussed anywhere for the 4.8, just lots for the 6 cyl. Sorry if I offended you somehow.

Really glad you got it worked out and yes, I agree, timing on what I posted (#12) and what you gathered yourself (#14) could easily have occurred where you didn't even see my mention of the starter.

My "no one helped" statement was more of a paraphrase and I apologize if I took what you wrote originally out of context.

On the link I posted (#18), it was the TIS for the 4.8 not the 3.0/6 Cylinder and NOT a parts diagram. It was the instructions to R&R the starter. But no issue, you mentioned you had gone ahead and started the work before you saw my reply.

As mentioned before, no I don't need a pat on the back and I had no way of knowing you had sorted it out prior to my posting of the suspected cause or the actual instructions (not parts diagram). So if you want to say that I did that after the fact, oh well, I tried to help.

No, I am not offended and wasn't offended. Just a bit surprised at the responses. Again, glad you got her running again!

'99 318ti Titanium Silver; '97 318ti Boston Green; '13 X5 3.5i Saphire Black Metallic
'84 633csi Black (sold); '88 325iC Black (sold); '97 740iL Black(sold); '01 740iS Black (sold);'97 318ti White (sold)
; '08 X5 4.8i Titanium Silver (sold); '96 318ti Alaska Blue (sold)

Sponsored Links