View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 12:37 PM

Crowz will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrz85 View Post
hello, sorry for my english.
i have e53 2003 with 16:9 navi, mb54 radio module in the trunk.

I installed Erisin ES3493B unit.

https://www.erisin.com/bmw-e39-e53-c...tion_p963.html

everything works perfect except the FM radio. very bad radio reception.
I changed 2 antenna amplifiers, one in the back side window

another in the rear window. nothing changed. when I connect another antenna, everything is ok.

i think that my oem FM amplifier is not activating, but +12 is coming to the amplifier. there is 1 socket on amplifier (3rd frome the left). but 2 wires are going into it. 1 is blue (ANT amp), 2nd the ibus wire.
9 and 13 pins

i have tried many antenna boosters with +12 wire connected to the blue wire (amp remonte)

still nothing.

i even tried to connect the unit directly in the trunk, without main cable and antenna extension.

I'm waiting for another adapter. but I think it does not help.

Who else has the same problem?

Thanks
All of the early models of the aftermarket radios had pretty bad reception fm wise. That was one of the things I was impressed with on the Seicane I went with since it has great radio reception.

The built in fm amplifier does go bad but I doubt it would just from you changing radios. So if it was working ok when you did the swap then I imagine its the radio itself. The built in fm radio antenna is designed to work with the factory radio and doesn't have a very good reputation for working with anything aftermarket from my experience. Again that's why I was impressed and surprised the Seicane worked so well with it.

If the amplifier has power I cant think of anything else to try other than swapping the fm amplifier out but again that seems like a longshot if it worked good before the swap.
2000 323i
2001 X5 3.0 auto
2005 X5 3.0 auto
2011 535xi auto
2013 X5 xdrive35 Turbo
More are at my website

Aftermarket E53 Radio Install

Sponsored Links