View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 01:43 PM

Spunbearing is on a distinguished road
A special thank you to andrewwynn for taking the time to post all of this info. I wound up dead on the side of the road myself, replaced the fuel pump only to find my sucking jet pump (That is some name....) was actually leaking all the gas back into the left side. I would not have known what to look for if it was not for this post. I live outside Chicago and do not have a heated garage so I can sympathize with you working in the freezing temps. Last weekend's warm up was well received!

My X5 has 227k miles on it now with the original parts so I am just going to replace the level sender and jet pump with new at this point. That combined with a fuel filter/pressure regulator and the new pump should last me to my 300k+ goal without having to worry about it breaking. I just hope I can get the parts while the weather is still "warm".

Sorry to hear that other people are having failures sooner then I did. I think this design was a little over the top and the parts do feel cheap to me but they appear to work ok.
1992 318i 5M Convertible - sold
1992 325i 5M Convertible - sold
2001 330i 5M Convertible - The more money I put in, the better it gets...
1998 K1200RS - Done all 48 Contiguous States, looking forward to Alaska at some point in my life

Sponsored Links