View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 02:54 AM

Tomdownunder is on a distinguished road
Engine won't crank FIXED

2004 diesel. 2 days ago I left for work and car started normally in the morning, but on leaving work I turned the key and all ignition lights on, but engine won't crank, no clicks, no dimming dash lights, just won't crank. Pushed car out of parking spot and started with jumper leads to workmates car.

I figured battery is stuffed, so yesterday got a lift to work and bought new battery after work. I get home, pull out the old battery and notice that the little battery condition window/indicator is green meaning battery is okay. Check with multimeter and old battery is 12.4v after sitting for over 24 hours. Check new battery is 12.3v. I cleaned battery terminals and put old battery back in. Car starts, no problem.

Today, car starts in morning, drive to work, reverse into parking spot, passenger side mirror tips down, but when I put car in park, mirror doesn't come back up. I turn ignition off and back on, mirror still down. I try to start car, ignition lights on, but no crank again. I have new battery in back of car, connect new battery to jumper points under bonnet (hood for the Americans), still won't crank.

I tried locking unlocking with remote, then locking with remote and unlocking with key in door, still won't crank over.

Any ideas??? Car is still at work.

Last edited by Tomdownunder; 02-08-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Sponsored Links