View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 03:21 AM

1BADM6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowz View Post
Replaced the climate control buttons with ones I ordered off ebay. Now the fan button doesn't fall off ever other time its touched
It's the little things right? Today I tried to figure out why my voice command and bluetooth don't work. Well, you have to have it installed in order for it to work don't ya? Another seller lied, what a surprise. I muddled with my vertical steering adjuster and found that operating the motor while the replacement part isn't fully seated was the wrong thing to do. $50 down the drain. I ordered a new but not before figuring out the right way to install it. It will not happen again. It's only $50 but it still hurts. Especially when you know you screwed up. The cable frayed because it wasn't seated correctly. I replaced my wipers and rear tail lights so the day was not lost.

I priced out the cost of a bluetooth module and voice activation module and yikes! I either need to find a wrecked truck or just buy an android head unit. The trouble is, my factory unit works great and no screen issues but somebody might want it. Time to look at new head units and speakers...again. Tomorrow I might pull the drivers door apart and see why the handle has trouble engaging.

2002 X5 4.4

Sponsored Links