View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 10:17 PM

frozenwaffles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwktm View Post
Its been a long time since anyone posted here but here goes the solution... i had the same error for 3 years on my 4.8is and finally i have found two solutions:
- you could replace part #34526777435 (this is for my car, it will be different number for some models) which is kinda expensive (even used one). It is a Longitudinal and Lateral Acceleration Sensor.
- or you could do what i did. Load KOBMI module into your NCS Expert and edit CAN_EBV value from AKTIV to NICHT_AKTIV. From that point your car will think this unit is not installed and no error will be displayed ever again.
And how to do that? There is a lot of info on Youtube so I am not getting into details on that. Just Google "Where to get NCS Expert", "how to use NCS Expert" and youll get there eventually. Also you will need an ODB2 cable from eBay or Amazon.

And what is this sensor actually for? Well, in extreme situation if your car starts sliding sideways and you apply brakes this sensor will provide data for "brake force distribution" in order to try to help you to regain control of the vehicle. So since your unit is not going to do its job anyways because it is giving you error, you can just tell the car to not look at it at all. Or, now when you know what it does and how to fix it, you can change this sensor. In my car it is located below central console and radio, on the floor of the car.
Thank you for this comprehensive reply. i will investigate this myself and report back...

Sponsored Links