View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 06:19 PM

Fifty150hs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdc101 View Post
I can't see oil on the ground, but there is some film on the exhaust manifold heat shields. When I come to a stop after the car has warmed up I can smell burning oil, and sometimes I can even see a little oil smoke coming out if the engine bay.

I did the oil separator (CCV) about a year ago and then did the valve cover gasket a few weeks ago. Still, the issue persists. I did some searching on this forum and found one person who had a warped valve cover. Is this a common problem? Is there anything else I should try? I don't have sludging issues and have verified that. I would like to get to the bottom of this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
could be coming from the washers inside the valve cover. I replaced my valve cover when I did my VANOS. All new gaskets and new grommets for the interior bolts. Recently discovered the interiors were leaking. Could get them to tight down any more becasue of the way they're designed. Pulled them off yesterday and applied a bead of rtv to each one and reinstalled. I'll check them next weekend and see if it worked.

Sponsored Links