View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 12:23 AM

Plattus1000 is on a distinguished road
We're done. I just drove home... The kid in me looooovveeess the noise. The adult I'm trying to act like around the authorities and my neighbors is cringing just a bit.

I can almost play with the sound like it's a musical instrument, that much control is what I'm feeling with throttle and its amazing. It is also going to get me pulled over, again and again. LoL live and learn. I don't have time to swap mufflers out before my trip so I'll be coasting past every cop I see through 3 states.

Sound clip in the a.m. I'm beat. It was 34°F in his shop. We started at 10 and finished up around 6:30.

"Dave's" Ellensburg exhaust" in Ellensburg, WA.

He did everything. I was there because he wanted to make sure everything "looked" good to me before he made it semi permanent. He was helpful, ingenious and friendly (not an uncommon theme amongst the forum members I've met).

SLIGHT modification to the spare well. lol

Always quickly finding solutions to m-sport wagons with headers and dual exhaust problems. There was possibly 10' of "trial" pipe (2.5" stainless) leaning against the wall by the time he was done.

Neat guy with a racing history (local dirt, funny and now drag) If you go, do not judge this book by it's cover-alls. He's amazing and didn't charge the moon. He's wanted to help with this build since I first thought about the swap. He's basically been waiting on me to get my shizz together. He's not alone. This is a good step in the right direction. Now, if I can tune the engine we'll finally have some frigg'n numbers to play with!

Update- (next evening) We couldn't find the extended bungs for the O2 sensors we wanted to use tonight and after a few local shops that were still open after work had nothing. WagonsHo (bimmerforums member) got dragged into it. He showed us recent pics of his beautiful roots style S/C setup for an m62 - mind blown-

I also got to see his latest of I think 4 e39 wagons. An auction buy of his that I think he got for less than a grand, heroine needles and all, with under 90k on the clock. In less than a month, gorgeous little sled and it feels fresh on Seattle's testing grounds for tank suspensions, I mean streets. Now I feel even more lethargic. He didn't have any on him which if you've met him, you might just suppose that he had 1 of every part. Because, in many cases, he would. If I knew a fraction of what he knows how to do with a car...

DUDMD is booked up and time is slipping away. I might only get the car to run on it's current tune. No hooning it up till there's some math that agrees in that computer.

Tomorrow, bungs (sourced some) possibly a muffler swap (doubtful but I'll try)

Last edited by Plattus1000; 03-02-2018 at 03:58 AM.

Sponsored Links