Thread: Run flat tires
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 12:23 PM

Skyline is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowz View Post
I plan on getting Scorpion Verde All Season Run Flat - Size: 255/50R19 at the moment. My driveway is very muddy and I also deal with snow from time to time and these seem to be the best for that from what I have been able to find researching them.

I have cooper cs5's on the wife's e53 and her pacifica awd and they do amazing but cooper doesn't make run flats.

If I lived in the city I would probably go with the goodyear f1's that are on the back now. They do ok so if the Pirelli's don't "shine" I may go back to them later.

The goodyear's do look good

I don't clock up that many miles on the e70 so I'm not really worried about tread life since I normally replace tires on what I drive now from dry rotting more than tire wear
Ideally, you should have identical tires on all four wheels. Otherwise you can screw up the handling balance of the car. Also, with an AWD car, it is important to keep tread depth pretty close to identical on all four wheels. When tires are different brands, this becomes more difficult, as you'd need to compare circumferences and shave accordingly...possible but not really practical to do.

So in your situation, the best result would be to order a second pair of F1 runflats for the front of your car, (making sure both are the correct sizes for a staggered set, so that when new, the circumferences were the same). Measure the tread depth of your existing rears, then order them from TireRack and have them shave them to the match the tread depth of the rears. OR buy a new set of four tires of your choice that are a matched staggered set. (I'm not aware of other vendors or local shops who shave tires, but I'm sure they are out there.)

If you have significant difference is tire outside diameter front to rear, you will screw up all sorts of things in your car.
2000 BMW 528i 5sp

Sponsored Links