View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 08:30 AM

Nick_X5 is on a distinguished road
In my opinion - potential for failed bm54 is very low especially considering the fact that those chopped cables are definitely aftermarket and 99.9% likely to have been speaker related. As I said before, the black cable containing 8 wires looks highly suspect to me.

It sounds silly but first I would check you actually have speakers in the door pods. If aftermarket speakers were fitted they may have been stripped out before selling like it seems an aftermarket amp has been removed.

Also, if you know for sure there are speakers then work back you know you can get them working again. All the troubleshooting in the world wont make speakers work if there are non there in the first place!

A quick and easy way to check is holding a bright torch up to the speaker grille on a door panel- you should see a speaker cone behind the grille.

If your X has speakers, you can get them working again - you just need to investigate the wiring. My guess is the original factory speaker wiring has been modded on your X and not put back to original when the aftermarket amp was removed.

Sponsored Links