View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 01:31 AM
Your Uncle Rico

x5Monkey® is on a distinguished road
the side window is the tv antenna for europe. the fm antenna is in the back window, and the am antenna is in the spoiler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff330xi
Odd... I have a 04/2004 with the 2005 TCU and the snap in and it charges the phone fine. (I have the snap-in with the pairing button) My issue is reception because Assist is using the one and only cell antenna in the car. If I disconnect the antenna from the TCU and connect it the coax that goes to the center console, signal strength goes up as expected.
I'm looking at adding a separate antenna. A couple nights ago I tore the car apart to see if there is room for another antenna under the rear wing.
Found the GPS antenna (P/N 65.90-8-381 206 first pic), Cellular antenna (PN 6-905-950) and the radio antenna in the rear window. There was a third antenna in the wing, that was flat, like a FM antenna for your home stereo. Maybe another FM antenna? I'm assuming the antenna in the side window is also another radio antenna. So the X5 has three FM antennas? Dunno.

I don't think I'll be able to put another BMW cell antenna under the wing, I currently considering a 3 series "shark fin" antenna or maybe one off a MB E series. Sorry for the poor quality of the photo took it with my SE T616 phone which has a terrible camera.

-Jeff

My x5
More of my x

Sponsored Links