Thread: Thanks
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 01:42 PM

sgrice is on a distinguished road
I'm not totally sure of what you're dealing with, but I don't think you will need to remove the bumper.

Are you talking about missing the cap only (parts #6 and 7 in this realoem.com link)?

Are parts 1 and 2 are intact? If so, and if the clips that the caps latch onto are all intact, then hopefully it's a pretty easy fix. You need to reach into the nozzle with long needle nose pliers, grab ahold of the nozzle, and pull the nozzle out (it's spring loaded). Then I used a small rubber tipped clamp to keep the nozzle pulled out, reattach the caps, release the clamp, and the nozzle will retract back into the bumper.

As you can see on realoem.com, the caps are primed only - you will need to get some touch up paint in your color and spray paint the caps.

As an aside, it might not have been theft that caused your caps to come off. What was the weather like in UK where you live when this happened? In my case a few years ago we had a hard freeze when the car was parked outside. Not sure exactly what happened (? freezing fluid expanded and pushed the caps out, then I think when I tried to use the sprayers somehow the cap was pushed off?) but my washer lines were frozen when I noticed one cap was gone, and the other side was stuck in the extended position but still with the cap on. Since then I've been more diligent about adding methanol to the washer fluid in the winter and I've never had a problem since.
2010 e70 35d- now driven by son #2
2005 e53 3.0 - now driven by son #1
2021 G05 45e PHEV - now driven by me
2008 ML320 CDI - driven by wife

Last edited by sgrice; 04-10-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Sponsored Links