View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 01:04 PM

PropellerHead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajacks8 View Post
So, it sounds like crossovers can offset DSP requirements? Since I don't have JL crossovers laying around - would you recommend these for me? (x2?)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036D1DQI..._t2_B003QQ67HA

Also, by utilizing crossovers...should I be fine with the MX280/4 amp? I'm still a little confused on impact of DSP concept...but I'm hoping that with Eonon head unit - I might have some flexibility?
I will be using these same crossovers from my wife's E46 and a similar 4ch amp from JL. The crossovers will take the function from the DSP amp and deliver only the right frequencies to the correct speakers.

My install will be with an android unit that is pretty much like the rest of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajacks8 View Post
Can anyone tell if the "mounting collars" included in the eBay kit come standard with what JL sells? If not - might getting those be worth the difference in performance/installation?
There are no mounting kits in the JL speakers I purchased. It doesn't look like those rings will really serve well in an E53. It's very easy to use tin snips and trim the JL speakers to fit the OE mounts on the E53. The OE mounts include the connections as well so you can retain factory wiring all the way up to the JL connections- if that sort of thing is important to you.

I referenced the thread from Jay who used JL C2's in my 650CSi thread. Both are a solid read for you to learn a bunch without rehashing it here.

Last edited by PropellerHead; 04-11-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Sponsored Links