View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 07:51 PM

devildogae is on a distinguished road
Just wanted to update this thread. Got the job done today. My X5 didnt have the electric ebrake servo motor attached to the calipers, so that made it much easier. I did get a 3/4" breaker bar and electric torque wrench attachment capable of 800 foot pounds.

I highly suggest getting a new hub along with the wheel bearing. I had a bearing installer/puller I used to press the hub into the wheel bearing. I did have to take the ebrake off, but it's simple once you know how. Getting any long wrench in for the wheel bearing bolts was very difficult. I could not get a torque wrench on them (4) but I got them very very tight. I aldo bought a axle puller to I was able to pull the axle once hub was installed. I aldo had to rent a hub puller, but I get my money back on that once returned to advanced auto.

I did make a rookie mistake, pushed the brake petal trying to start the car, and freaking caliper piston came out. I ripped the boot trying to Install. Ordered one from BMW to the sum of $80, dang!! Needless to say I bleed the brake fluids also. It wasn't the most horrible job ever but I don't want to do it again anytime soon.

Sponsored Links