View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 11:11 AM

Lamby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcredliner View Post
Best practice is to rebuild the entire suspension rather than part by part. Worn parts put more stress on new parts as do new parts on worn parts. If the entire suspension is rebuilt with OE or OEM life should be 75 to 100,00 miles or more.

I have done a lot of work improving the handling. I have not seen the need to use poly bushings in other than the subframe. Suspensions are designed so that it all works together to result in particular handling characteristics. I stayed with parts that were designed to work together. Primary reason was that the X5 understeers more than I like already. I didn't want to risk increasing understeer. I don't think the increased cost of poly bushings pass the value equation.
I would just like to back this statement up. I do have Poly and, well it is putting load on the other parts on the car, less movement due to strength of Poly, might be causing other OEM parts to have worn faster. I still like the fact my front bushing will not need replacing. But... the ride is firmer. You have to take it as a trade off.

What I had updated
Carbon Effect Steering Wheel
Panoramic Sunroof Fix
PVC Replacement
All glowplugs and glowplug regulator
New discs and pads all round
All new front suspension links, bushes and rods

Sponsored Links