View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 08:43 AM

Mouse is on a distinguished road
New Member...Familiar X5

Hello all! I'm finally introducing myself after months of trolling. I've been driving bimmers for over 20 years and have had an E28, multiple E30's, E39 and currently an F30. After helping Joseph(Crystalworks) driving his 4.8is from California back here to TX, I quickly discovered how awesome e53's are. I also discovered getting a clean well maintained example is no easy task. So after discovering I could get Crystalwork's previously owned 4.4i, (which has a couple of it's own threads here already) I quickly jumped on it. Now I'm going to be honest here, when I first got it, I was hoping for a nice second vehicle that I could drive every now and then to help with inclement weather and help keep from putting too many miles on the F30. Welllllll.......seems that now that I almost never drive the F30(335i) anymore. It may have something to do with the E39(540i6 non-vanos) that was always a favorite of mine. This e53 is very similar as everyone knows, but did not expect it to be just as fun to drive. Anywho, without dragging on too long, just wanted to say hi and hello and look forward to contributing when I can.

I'll give you a photo from when I got her and get some real pics up once a full detail is done.(It was sitting for about a year after crystalworks sold it to his brother-in-law due to coolant leak)

So far I've taken care of the coolant transfer pipe(AGA and valley pan) as well as new battery and yaw sensor. With more maintenance to come I'm sure. LOL Thankfully, Crystalworks took care of all the hard work for future ICE so I'm adding a few goodies right now. I will update as progress continues.

Look forward to talking with you Gents.

-Eloy
Attached Images

Sponsored Links