View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 03:31 PM

trapdoor is on a distinguished road
Unacceptable V27 issues.

I have responded to another thread about this but feel it may warrant its own thread, particularly if people find any other issues or problems with the new release. The original post title is possibly a bit misleading.

As reported by 'durbrain' it appears that the right-hand information pane now no longer displays suburbs or minor towns/villages as the current location, but now displays the nearest major city or large town.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it not a widespread issue? Personally, I don't find this issue too clever, and am going to 'downgrade' to V26-3D-Final (the version I have been running very successfully since it was released).

As an example - this evening I took a trip to a largish town called Portishead. It is in the South West of the UK. It is bordered by Bristol (and has BS postcodes), Clevedon and Weston-super-Mare (which also have BS postcodes). Whilst driving up the M5, I passed Weston and Clevedon which showed up on the info pane, pulled off the Motorway at Clevedon and travelled to Portishead. As I approached the town (it is a largish town too) the nav display changed to Bristol.

Not too useful, particularly as if you got stranded somewhere you didn't know and had to call the rescue services, how can you give the correct street name?

Am I being a bit 'picky' or should I expect the system to be at least as useful as before the upgrade, not less useful?

Anyone's thoughts on this?

Sponsored Links