View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 10:17 PM

diyanich is on a distinguished road
Hi Guys,

Same thing here,right rear is almost bald within 7000 kms,more wear on the outside.Clicking noise is driving me nuts.Sometimes it disappears for a week or so and then reappears.

Did OP solve this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asma123 View Post
I have a 2007 e70 4.8 and I seem to be having a clicking sound coming from the rear end. Sometimes it doesn’t make the sound if it’s warm/hot outside.
I originally thought that the sound was coming from the rear right wheel bearing but I’m not quite sure that’s the source. Not really sure what to do to confirm where this is coming from.
It seems like it’s louder when the car is coasting but it also does it when accelerating but it’s not as loud. The faster you go the more you hear it.
I replaced the rear right wheel bearing approx 2 years ago.
I’m just wondering what would I need to do to confirm where the sound is coming from. I don’t want to throw parts at it hoping that would solve it.
So far it’s either:
- Wheel bearing
- axle cv shaft
- differential

As a precaution I changed out the oil in the diff but no change. Any suggestions would be appropriated. TIA
Edit.
One thing I forgot to mention. My tires are getting a little worn and only on the rear right tire it has uneven camber wear. Not sure if that would narrow it down but worth to mention.

Sponsored Links