View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 08:25 AM

scourtaud23 is on a distinguished road
Its been a while and I haven't had time to properly test the range as we've been moving a lot and on a trip is not the best time to toy with this.

I however have another issue that might be linked or not, but I'm getting fed up with this fuel tank.

For the second time in 2 weeks, my right fuel sender has broken. And I do mean broken.

It first happened on july 15, tank around a quarter full, went to fill up and the needle never came up, slowly fading down to empty as the range went down after fill up.

I took it out, found it broken (resistor plate shattered and plastic holder broken), blamed the heat, and changed it. It worked for a few tanks of fuel then it happened again maybe 10 days after fitting the new one, I couldn't open the tank right away so it waited until today and same thing, resistor plate broken and plastic holder broken also.

It seems as if the tank compresses itself. I guess it could be possible but that would be what the vent valve is for and I got no codes... Could the valve be stuck open and pull vaccum from the tank to the point of collapsing it?

INPA says its closed with the engine off and when running for the first 20 minutes.

As a side note, I've changed the PCV and taken care of all vaccum leaks in april but the temps here stayed on the low side until july so maybe heat could be a factor, daytime difference being around 15 to 20 degrees Celcius.
I would also like to point out that despite not being able to swear the previous sender was correctly installed in the tank, I have not doubts about this latest one as I wondered if this could have been the reason for the previous failure.

I'm open to all ideas, here are the pictures of the latest broken sender.

Sponsored Links