Thread: Scanner Codes
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 10:35 AM

cuban_bmwx5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpoll View Post
The airbag (SRS) codes could be real faults or could be because you disconnected an SRS component while the battery was still connected. SRS codes will remain even after the SRS component is re-connected. The SRS codes need to be reset by a specific SRS reset tool or routine. If the codes return, then the fault is real and needs addressing.

The ultrasonic sensor is probably a fault PDC sensor. Turn on the PDC and listen for clicking at each PDC sensor - no click is likely a dead sensor.

The trans code when wet could be the transmission mechatronic connector - they are known to cause trouble in wet weather. Disconnect it, clean the plug and the socket really well, dry them both out and use a little silicone grease on the connector seal when re-connecting it.

well the SRS light i already tried to clear it it just comes right back so i need to figure that out i was thinking maybe the main module for the airbags... ?

the ultrasonic i was thinking its that main module aswell because the PDC never worked since i got the x5 and i changed all the sensors front and back thinking it would work and it never did ..

and do you have a picture of this connector in the transmission or part number or is there a DIY video to look at that show me how to fix it?

Sponsored Links