View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 12:40 AM

Boston01X5 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for your reply, I messed with the car a bit earlier today here is what I found.

I removed door panel because before ordering a regulator I wanted to test power at the motor. The connector going to the motor has two wires - I believe one wire is for up and one wire is for down. With a multimeter hooked up when I hit the up button it gets 12 volts. When I move the multimeter to the other side of the connector and hit down button, it registers nothing.

Also the scanner I have I went into the module and read the real time data. It lists all the windows and they say "off" when I click down on the passenger side switch it says "down" when I hit up, it says "up" and the window works fine. On the drivers side which is what I am having problems with it does exactly the same thing, but the window does not move down. So the module is sending a signal to go down but it's not happening.

I am not familiar with BMW I was not able to locate the relay for the power windows. I looked everywhere and found relay and fuse layouts online nothing listed for power windows that I could find.

If anyone can let me know if both wires that go to the connector that connects to the motor inside door are both supposed to have power (one for up, one for down) that would be helpful to know.

Bottom line is it's getting power to the motor for the up function, However the down is not getting power at that connector. The module itself thinks it is sending power to the motor and says it's going down but the power is not getting there. There is also that code in the module "Relay for power windows motor, drivers door, does not pick up"

That's all the information I could figure out I am hoping someone who knows these cars can help me diagnose.

Thanks so much for the replies and help guys, this is starting to drive me a bit crazy lol

Erick

Sponsored Links