Thread: Vapor Barriers
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 12:13 PM

andrewwynn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoto View Post

I actually don't check the floorboard when it rains. But when it's predicted for a 24-36 hr soaker, I do make it a bi yearly process to keep it in the elements to see if there is water.

I'm not correlating the roof drain lines though - it was not on my radar, it would ~overflow~...I'll have to put on my thinking cap, but in my mind, no extra amount of overflow should lead to water in the floorboard.

Once that floorboard get wet, it takes +++++ to get it dry. I can't imagine that overflow we speak of is acceptable...

I just know that at least a couple times a year somebody reports mystery water in the foot well and it's almost always determined to be the roof drains. I don't know how the water works it's way there but probably just inside the a pillar trim. I would pull the trim and check for moisture. Then I would blow out the drain tube as there is likely some debris that is slowing the drain.

Very unlikely the water ingress came through the door. I once drove through a flood where the water was almost to my door handle outside and water barely squeaked through.

If not the roof drains it would most likely be a windshield seal.

You could remove the a pillar trim and pour a bunch of water on the roof to confirm.

Sponsored Links