View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 12:10 PM
Premier Member

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Headliner repair, last year like an idiot I rented an aerator for my yard and didn't chock the wheels well enough, it gouged and ripped my headliner in 3 spots by the sunroof, no way in hell I'm paying $500-600 to get the thing rewrapped, I'm hoping to find someone who can glue/stitch and give me a 50% improvement just so that it doesnt look like crap, for a couple hundred bucks -
RB, you can usually find intact, good condition headliners from different breakers on craigslist for around $150-250 for the entire panel. Probably the most cost effective way to go, though the labor to install them is pretty tedious. Shoot, even Ebay usually has good deals on headliners, but I'd worry about shipping damage.

Also, BMW does a pretty good job on their mid range drivers. The people they get them from (nokia, alpine, etc) do a really good job designing for the compartment they are installed in. I now prefer to use BMW factory premium speakers over aftermarket drivers for the door locations whenever possible. I'll be using the BSW drivers that the previous owner installed though since they are there. As mentioned, the factory tweeters leave something to be desired though.

I'll be starting my completely overkill setup in the next few months hopefully. Been taking care of all the house things that have been piling up and after they are done... I'm taking some time for the audio system. Still need to pick an android head unit to go with...

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links