View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 12:46 PM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
RB, you can usually find intact, good condition headliners from different breakers on craigslist for around $150-250 for the entire panel. Probably the most cost effective way to go, though the labor to install them is pretty tedious. Shoot, even Ebay usually has good deals on headliners, but I'd worry about shipping damage.

Also, BMW does a pretty good job on their mid range drivers. The people they get them from (nokia, alpine, etc) do a really good job designing for the compartment they are installed in. I now prefer to use BMW factory premium speakers over aftermarket drivers for the door locations whenever possible. I'll be using the BSW drivers that the previous owner installed though since they are there. As mentioned, the factory tweeters leave something to be desired though.

I'll be starting my completely overkill setup in the next few months hopefully. Been taking care of all the house things that have been piling up and after they are done... I'm taking some time for the audio system. Still need to pick an android head unit to go with...

Thanks brother - yeah I have seen some headliners from the wreckers, problem is the location and shipping, closest one has been 6+ hours from me, which is no bueno - I'll keep on the look out -
2013 X5 35D (CEO's) - Born on 5/17/2013 -
68k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links