View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 09:34 PM

trainwreck is on a distinguished road
hey fellas, i'm an e39 guy but i just picked up an e53 3.0 for my niece who's starting school and needs a ride. got it for cheap but the list of problems was long. took care of many of them and got it in running condition or so i thought. she took it to school and called me when she got there, said the oil light was flickering and it says to shut off. i knew it had an oil leak but didn't think it was so bad. so it turns out it had the ofhg leak so i replaced that along with the ccv. but the damn thing kept leaking. its from between the bell housing and the transmission. leak is a drip drip drip, but enough to cause a big spot on the cardboard from night to morning. i've come to the conclusion that its the oil pan gasket. so i started tearing into it. what a job! is the cut and patch method even possible? doesn't appear so with the axles having to be removed. is it possible its not the pan gasket? i'd highly doubt its the rms being that its leaking when parked for days and the oil wouldn't be able to reach the rms while its sitting

Sponsored Links