View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 10:30 AM

tdaniely is on a distinguished road
Nav Hacker Unite / Someone Please Help

Lets start at the beginning so you can get a grasp of what's going on and hopefully resolve it.

I performed a nav retrofit of the mk1 system into my 96 e38. The mk1 had the v.8 software installed and I was using a original navteq 2005.2 southeastern us disc. No matter how small of a road, or how backwoods the area, the mk1 always gave me visual and audio guidance without fail. Next, I upgraded to the v.15 software and using the exact same navteq cd and driving the exact same roads as before, I frequently got the error Correct Dest. Guidance Not Possible. I obtained a v.8 disc from a local dealership and reinstalled it and the accuracy I'd come to expect was back again.

Next, I upgraded to the mk2 which has v.15 preinstalled and using the same navteq disc I'd used with the mk1, I started getting that same error message again until I dropped the mk2 to v.8 and it too started guiding correctly, no matter how rural the area.

Next, I installed the mk3 and recvd the error message once again with the same navteq disc. However, this time there wasn't a software version old enough to downgrade to to eliminate the error. I was stuck with this stupid error.

I now have the mk4 and have the same error on the same rural streets. If I drive to metro atlanta all is well but even the mk4 with the latest official navteq dvd is useless around my area.

All this money spent to realize that the 'lowly' mk1 did a better job of navigating than the almighty mk4.

My point here is, during some software hacking I noticed a line of text in the code of the later nav os discs that reads PartlyDigitizedGuidance=off and PartlyDigitizedGuidance=on. I can only assume the on the mk1 it was set to on and all later nav os discs had it set to off. Can you or some of the other nav gurus help me find out how to turn this back on for the mk4? This is so annoying doing my travels for business I'm actually considering going back to the mk1. It may not be as fast or as pretty, but it got me where I needed to go without fail everytime.

Thanks

Sponsored Links