View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Premier Member

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead View Post
How does it make you guys feel if I told you that I actually branched out this week to a new mechanic? Yep. 20 years watching my mechanic-turned-friend grow his shop. Now he has 4 administrative folks. They have to eat. Retire. Buy wrecked M5's and Frankenstein solid E39 bodies. Their prices just have gone too high.

The E46 is getting a few touches now with the new guy. Very much like my current guy used to be. I don't know if I'll take the SC'ed E39 to him, yet. But so far, the E46 is happy with a change of scenery. So is our pocketbook.
I'm in that exact situation. Taking my cars to the same shop for 18 years (basically since I started driving). They've been in business 40+ years. I eventually worked there for a couple of years. They've moved to a much better location, own the shop rather than lease now, and have done numerous expansions to the building/facilities. Owner, who I would consider a friend, doesn't have to go in to work anymore if desired. Good for him. But the prices, along with time and my age, have marched on and upwards.

All good things must come to an end... as the saying goes.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links