View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 01:03 PM

DrRick is on a distinguished road
Eonon Android 7.1 Radio Replacement

So I did anyway.
I was going to post a new thread, but there are already too many threads out there on audio swaps.
I have begun to install my head unit as noted above. I'll post the specs after awhile, but they are easiest enough to find online. The frames for the audio unit are different depending on year, transmission, whether or not the system has DSP or NAV. My system is a 2003 5 speed with the business CD, no NAV.
The frame is part of the dash and must be cut out. Other frames noted here can be unscrewed and extracted. Good for them.

I realize just now that this forum needs dummied down resolution pics. so I will post those after I shrink the photos. What a pain.

So far here is what I think. To remove the plastic frame, do not screw around. I tried several types of dremels: Battery, Electric, Air and finally I said screw it and used a BFSawZall and was able to remove the frame in seconds.
Again I apologize, I will have to go and shrink the photos before I can show them to you.

I will describe the wiring hook-up soon.
I do not intend to install cameras.

Easier to just share my google drive link that to waste time changing the resolution of the pics.

Will, I hope, finish the install this weekend.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...NS?usp=sharing

Sponsored Links