View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 10:13 AM

Overboost is on a distinguished road
I have started the reading, researching and planning stage of my install next month. One of the most common features people add is the reverse camera and I want to know more about the wiring and activation of the cameras. If you do a few searches for E53 backup cam you will come up with plethora of old posts dating back to 2006 for the addition of backup cams to OEM navigation systems with the TV tuner.

And then the ones that have posted videos of installs of cameras on the android systems are just plain hacks. Wires running everywhere, not securing of wiring, wires not properly routed, etc. It is just painful to watch.

Any of the threads you read are outdated to the point where the iBus adapter may or not have been perfected yet so my question is does the iBus app determine reverse gear now or is the wiring of the camera trigger to the reverse lights still necessary?

I want to learn more about the latest android systems and how the installers provide the connections for the reverse cameras and/or dash cameras.

Sponsored Links