View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 12:26 AM

andrewwynn will become famous soon enough
What did you do to / for your E53 today??

When the expansion tank fails it will typically have a hairline crack you often can't even see, the coolant leaks so slow you won't get drips because it will evaporate. Eventually you get low coolant message or weak cabin heat output.

The danger is that the idiot non gauge will be in the danger zone very quickly if you have a rapid release of your coolant!

When wife's blew recently she texted me a picture of pinned high temp (I had her take a reading of the temp and it was 260!). Fortunately the oil temp was a far more modest 217 so I'm sure ECT sensor was dry allowing it to spike but no warning at all because of the moronic non gauge.

The day after I replaced wife's, helped a fellow xoutpost member via text tried his on a 4.4: the new one did not come with a level sender so he had to move the old one over: problem was the new tank had only one bayonet hole and the old sender has or I did say HAD two bayonet ears. He cut off one ear and it worked. Knock off part because only local option of course.

Sponsored Links