View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 06:55 PM

andrewwynn will become famous soon enough
Aspherical Mirrors - Check difference!

I bought two pair of them knock off for like $24 a pair shipped from China so took a couple weeks. I was concerned about the thin material and if they were glass or plastic. Optically they are a B+ at best but the slight convex curve hides the imperfections well. Absolutely worth the trade off for the infinitely more useful reflection!

I literally have no blind spot. By the time a car is out of my driver mirror I can see the entire hood.

If you look at the shape of the mating parts you will see they aren't correct you'll need to trim a little plastic and they will snap right on.

My process was to pull the whole gimbal off the car (usually breaks the existing mirror) then reassemble the mirror into the gimbal and press the redone assembly into the ball. It takes a stupid amount of force: I put a big suction cup onto the face of the mirror and "hug" the suction cup from the opposite side of the motor body (I stand in front of the mirror and pull the mirror into the mirror body toward me using the suction cup)

Last edited by andrewwynn; 12-29-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Sponsored Links